Saturday, May 3, 2008

Brendan Ferris


This is Brendan. He is my only son. He is good at most sports, but his love is baseball and basketball. And this year he has decided to play football. Why, I'm not sure.
Brendan's hobbies include playing video games, reading, and making others laugh. You can see how this last hobby can sometimes land him in trouble. I'm always telling him he likes to walk the line.
I do have to say Brendan's sportsmanship over the years has improved. In fact just tonight, Brendan was pitching in a baseball tournament in Ste. Gen and this kid hit the ball way out past the out fielders head. The boys get the ball in pretty quick and held the runner on first, and Brendan turns to the runner and tells him "good hit." Scott looked at me and said,"Did he just say what I think he said?" I told him yes. Later after the game, we asked Brendan about it and all he said was, it was a good hit. LOL!!! Got to Love em.
Brendan made student council this year. Which is another funny story. Kimberly planned all week and made pins and worked hard on her poster and speech when she ran for student council. Brendan didn't do anything until the morning of the election. He drew a poster with magic markers and gave his speech by shooting from the hip and made it. Kimberly was sooooo mad it was funny. I thought it was even funnier when we went to parent teacher conference and all his teacher could talk about was how wonderful his speech was. Some people are just born public speakers, a quality that we say he must have inherited from his Grandpa Ferris not me or Scott.
All these things are fun but I think Brendan's best quality is he is quick to choose the right and seek the Lord for answers when needed. I'll never forget the time when he was about 4 years old. He found a baby turtle about the size of a silver dollar. He took it to Grandpa and Grandma Ferris's house to show them. He next thought it would be fun to let him go for a swim in Grandma's fountain. We left the turtle there and went inside for dinner. After dinner it was time to go, and Brendan went out to get his turtle when he discovered it gone. Once I had learned this news I knew he would be upset so I told him that the turtle went to find it's mommy. Brendan was not satisfied with this answer, cause he knew Grandpa would be cutting the grass in the morning. I went inside to get a flashlight, when I returned I found my son kneeling by the porch swing praying he would find his turtle. I just had to at least look for it now, even though I knew it was impossible to find a green turtle that small in the green grass in the dark. But I was one of those people that they talk about when they say "ye of little faith" It wasn't 2 seconds after Brendan's prayer that Grandpa found the baby turtle half way across their very large lawn. I learned alot that night about Brendan and about prayer.


No comments: